Use, Care and Cleaning of Your Flexible Magnetic Material
Storing Flexible Magnets
- When not using flexible sheet, keep it in a clean, dry place.
- Store rolled stock on its end to keep it from developing flat spots.
- Stored rolled sign material on its end with the printed or vinyl side out.
- Stack flat magnets on a level surface. Avoid placing objects (such as cartons) on top that could damage the face; do not stack with magnetic sides facing each other.
Preparing Magnetic-Receptive Surfaces
- Before affixing magnetic sheet to a metal surface, be sure all surface paints, clear coats and waxes are cured (hardened).*
- Clean the metallic surface and the magnet with mild detergent.
- Wipe with a soft cloth or allow to dry.
*(Approximate curing times: paint- 90 days; clear coat-60 days; wax-2 days)
Applying Flexible Magnets
- Before applying, test all inks and paints used on the magnet for adhesion and solvent compatibility.
- If possible, affix to smooth, flat or gently curved metallic surfaces.
- Make sure the entire magnet is flat against the metal surfaces (i.e., no air pockets).
- If you place magnet in the wrong position, completely remove the magnet from the surface and reapply. Do not pull the magnet across the surface, or it may stretch due to resistance caused by high magnetic strength.
- Avoid use on horizontal metal surfaces exposed to direct sunlight (such as automobile hoods) or temperatures exceeding 150 F (66 C).
- Be aware that long-term use on surfaces frequently exposed to sunlight (such as vehicles) can result in uneven fading of the surface because the magnet-covered area is shielded from ultraviolet rays.
- Avoid use on non-metallic body fillers, simulated wood grain siding and reprinted surfaces.
Cleaning Flexible Magnets
- To guard against moisture and dirt buildup between the magnet and the metal surface (particularly on outdoor applications), remove the magnet at regular intervals. Clean both the magnet and the metal surface with mild detergent; wipe with soft cloth or allow to air-dry. (For vehicle-mounted signs, remove and clean DAILY).
- To protect fresh clear coat, base coat and/or vinyl surfaces on new cars and trucks, remove magnetic signs DAILY.
Proper use and care will extend the life of your magnetic products and protect the metallic surface to which it is applied. Failure to follow instructions may result in damage to paint and other surfaces.
Pacific Sign Center is an outstanding company to work with. Everyone there is knowledgeable, capable, and easy to work with. They turn out some of the best Channel Letters in all of Orange County..
Our Service Area Includes:
- Aliso Viejo, CA
- Anaheim, CA
- Brea, California
- Costa Mesa, CA
- Cypress, California
- Dana Point, CA
- Foothill Ranch, CA
- Fullerton, CA